Healthy & Fit Lifestyle
1. Eat lots of Vegetables and Fruits: Veggies and fruits are low in calories, provide filling fiber, vitamins and minerals, and protect your health in many ways.
2. Boost Protein Intake: Protein is important for preserving and building lean tissue – it’s the muscle that burns calories! Eat only 1-3oz per serving.
3. Use Fiber-Rich Foods: Fiber is filling, makes foods more satisfying and promotes health.
4. Boost Mineral Intake: Calcium and other minerals help your body shed unwanted fat.
5. Eat Fish and "Good" Fats: The omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids in some fish, oils and nuts are vital to health.
6. Cut Out “Junk” Carbs: Sugar and white flour sabotage your healthy diet in all but the smallest amounts.
7. Greatly Reduce “Junk” Fats: “Bad” fats – saturated and trans-fats are high in calories and are loaded with harmful fatty acids that contribute to disease.
8. Reduce or Eliminate Alcohol: Alcohol consumption tends to cause weight gain.
9. Reduce Food Gently: Extreme and sudden dieting causes your body to hold on to fat, not burn calories.
10. Eat Snacks, Not Meals: More frequent, smaller snacks are burned for energy, not stored as fat.
11. Eat Earlier, Not Later: Skipping breakfast makes it difficult later in the day to control your appetite.
12. GET YOUR CELLS MOVING!: You must exercise to build lean muscle that burns fat!
13. Move More Often!: Gradually boost exercise frequency and intensity for even greater effects.
14. Reduce Stress: Stress increases hunger and promotes weight gain.
15. Get Daily Sunshine and Plenty of Sleep: Sunshine produces Vitamin D, which helps in fat loss. Sleep is necessary for rejuvenation and carbohydrate metabolism.16. Surround yourself with other Healthy and Active People: Being around people that have good habits and make healthy choices will inspire you to choose a salad over a burger and choose exercise over watching TV.
Monday, May 14, 2007
at 10:58 AM