Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Diet Drink Dangers

NUTRASWEET-ANT AND ROACH KILLER

As the scientists and doctors have said, our bodies were not designed to digest
synthetic chemicals.  Aspertame started out as ant poison and now they allow it to be
in our drinks and diet food.  This is a fascinating article about hidden dangers.
AND WE DRINK IT IN OUR DIET DRINKS !!!!!! 

*Aspartame - The World's Best Ant Poison *

Date: 8/11/06 Author: Jan Jensen
Source: Idaho Observer

We live in the woods and carpenter ants are a huge problem. We have
spent thousands of dollars with Orkin and on ant poisons trying to keep
them under control but nothing has helped.

So when I read somewhere that aspartame (Nutrasweet) was actually
developed as an ant poison and only changed to being considered
non-poisonous after it was realized that a lot more money could be made on it
as a sweetener than as an ant poison, I decided to give it a try.

I opened two packets of aspartame sweetener, and dumped one in a corner of each
of our bathrooms. That was about 2 years ago and I have not seen any carpenter
ants for about 9 to 12 months. It works better than the most deadly poisons I
have tried. Any time they show up again, I simply dump another package of
Nutrasweet in a corner, and they will be gone for a year or so again.

We found later that small black ants would not eat the aspartame. It was
determined that if you mixed it with apple juice, they would quickly
take it back to the nest, and all would be dead within 24 hours,
usually. I have found that sometimes it will kill them, and sometimes it
does not. Not sure why, may be slightly different species of ants or
something.

Fire Ants: We got our first fire ant hill about 2 weeks ago. Poison did
not work. We tried aspartame and the ants ignored it until we got a
light ra in. It was just a sprinkle, enough to moisten the Nutrasweet and
ground, but not enough to wash it away. They went crazy, hundreds of
them grabbing it and taking it back into the mound. When I checked the
mound 2 days later, there was no sign of the fire ants. I even dug the
mound up some, and still saw none of them.

How does it Work: Aspartame is a neuropoison. It most likely kills the
ants by interfering with their nervous system. It could be direct, like
stopping their heart, or something more subtle like killing their sense
of taste so they can?t figure out what is eatable, or smell, so they
can?t follow their trails, or mis-identify their colonies members, so
they start fighting each other. Not sure what causes them to end up
dying, just know that for many species of ants it will kill them quickly
and effectively.

As with any poison I recommend wearing gloves and washing any skin areas that
come in contact with this poison, and avoid getting it in your
mouth, despite anything the labeling may indicate."